Donate Your Car
WMSE Sound Citizen
Volunteering at WMSE
Public Service Announcements
How To Submit Music
LISTENER-SUPPORTED FRONTIER RADIO, (HEY THAT'S YOU!).
District of Columbia
Armed Forces Americas
Armed Forces Europe
Armed Forces Pacific
Date of Birth
Emergency Contact Phone Number
Are you currently a supporting member of WMSE?
How did you find out about WMSE?
Please summarize any skills and qualifications that may be valuable in your volunteer activities at WMSE.
Do you have any friends who work for WMSE?
If yes, whom?
Why do you want to volunteer for WMSE?
Please provide your last three places of employment and supervisor contact info.
Place of Employment
WMSE offers the following volunteer opportunities. Please check all that you are interested in.
- Assisting the Development staff in increasing supporting membership through fund drives, direct mail campaigns, correspondence with active members, and online campaigns.
- Helping to promote WMSE's mission and future by working with the Promotions staff at station-sponsored concerts and performances, and WMSE fundraising events. Delivering and hanging posters and promotional materials for WMSE events.
- Assisting the Music department staff with previewing new music, music library maintenance and projects, filing and alphabetizing of music, writing for the Sonic Diet music blog, contact and correspondence with music labels.
- General help at the station - filing, organizing, data entry, station cleanup.
- WMSE Volunteer DJs program free-form, 3-hour blocks of music after a rigorous training period. Assistant DJs provide support to the on-air host, the first step to becoming a volunteer DJ.
Music Preferences and Show Availability
If you could do any kind of radio show, what would you like to do, and what would it sound like? Be as thorough as possible. Please list the genre(s) or music as well.
Please list your TEN favorite artists and albums of ALL TIME:
What are your Top Ten CURRENT favorite albums? (What you're listening to today, yesterday, last week, Artist & Album):
What MUSIC publications/websites do you read?
What OTHER publications/websites do you read?
How often do you purchase music?
Where and how do you purchase your music?
Besides WMSE, what radio stations do you listen to?
Have you ever reviewed and written for any publications/websites about music or concerts?
Please list the publication(s)/website(s):
Do you have any broadcasting experience?
Do you have any broadcasting experience?
I would like to sign up for the WMSE eNewsletter
I agree that my interest in and acceptance of a volunteer position at WMSE in no way indicates an employment relationship with WMSE, or as an opportunity for employment with WMSE. I further agree to honor my commitment to volunteering for WMSE as time allows, in a spirit of service, and with a commitment to quality. I agree to participate in orientation/training session at WMSE prior to my volunteering at the station. In the event I can no longer serve as a WMSE volunteer, I will give as much advanced notice to the Volunteer Coordinator as possible.
Station Management reserves the right to dismiss any volunteer at any time, including but not limited to when, in Management’s discretion, the volunteer’s performance, including on-air performance, or program content, does not meet WMSE’s standards, goals and objectives. As a holder of a federal broadcast license, WMSE has an obligation to the people served by its operations to engage individuals who, through high standards of service, will maintain public confidence. To fulfill this obligation, you agree that WMSE may make inquiries to verify information on this application, particularly relating to prior employment, education and any record of criminal activity.
You may be rejected as a volunteer or dismissed from the volunteer staff if these investigations show you have withheld information from or made false statements on this application and otherwise. By signing this application, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to these conditions. Please be sure you have filled in this form completely.
I understand the conditions stated in this application and agree to follow all station procedures and policies.