How can I become involved with WMSE?
If you are interested in becoming a WMSE Volunteer, please submit the Volunteer Application. WMSE will contact you once your application has been processed. If you would like more information about volunteer opportunities at WMSE prior to submitting your application, please feel free to email Kyle Pieczynski at firstname.lastname@example.orgApply to become a Volunteer
What can I do to help WMSE?
Besides becoming a contributing or sustaining member, there are several ways to help the mission at WMSE. We appreciate listeners who want to lend a hand either on a regularly-scheduled weekly basis, for a one-time-only event or for their favorite annual event.
Here are some volunteer opportunities that can help keep WMSE strong:
- Development/Membership – Assisting the Development staff in increasing supporting membership through fund drives, direct mail campaigns, correspondence with active members, and online campaigns.
- Promotions/Events – Helping to promote WMSE’s mission and future by working with the Promotions staff at station-sponsored concerts and performances, and WMSE fundraising events. Delivering and hanging posters and promotional materials for WMSE events.
- Music Department – Assisting the Music department staff with previewing new music, music library maintenance, projects, filing, and alphabetizing of music.
- Office Assistant – General help at the station – filing, organizing, data entry, station cleanup.
- Street Team – Delivering and hanging posters and promotional materials for WMSE events.
One reason people volunteer is because they are grateful that non-profits exist. I am grateful for WMSE. I was 12 years old when I first heard Kraftwerk. Over the past 33 years, I’ve been introduced to more bands than I can remember, but I do know that this radio station helped develop my musical taste and perhaps – just a bit – my view on life. Thank you WMSE! — Sarah Drilias
I make my living as an artist and music is a huge part of my creative process. Commercial radio just doesn’t have what it takes. Anything I can do to help keep real music on my radio every day seems like a good investment to me! And besides, can you name another station that plays Clutch? Rock on. — Mark Winter